Thank you for your interest in our Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Service, by subscribing to this service you agree to the following terms and conditions. These conditions can be updated without notice and will always be available on our website.
General CSA Info
- Farm contact information – Pine & Posey (“We”) pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and we’d love to hear from you if there is a problem or just some general feedback on your CSA experience. You can email us at email@example.com or message us on facebook or call/text Sarah.
Once signed up, the contact individual (“you”) will be receiving email notifications and reminders on your CSA subscription via email and we may call you with more urgent updates. If gifting a CSA and the contact individual is different than the purchaser (“purchaser”), please let us know if you’d like communication also. If you opt into delivery, you will receive text messages from us to confirm delivery. Please add our email address and phone number to your favorites and let us know if you don’t receive our communications around the start of your CSA.
- Farming is a seasonal and unpredictable business. CSA members join Pine & Posey in both the possible risks of farming (drought, pests, etc) but also the benefits (bountiful season, complete transparency on the farm, relationship and community). At Pine & Posey we are as proactive as possible. By investing in irrigation systems, using good growing techniques that protect and nurture the harvest, and keeping a close eye on our crops, we lay the foundation for strong “insurance” policy with our flowers and trees.
- Communication – By agreeing to join our CSA, you are also agreeing to open and read email communications from us. You will receive an email notice on each week’s pickup/delivery as a reminder. You may also receive specific emails announcing important changes regarding a crop we packed. Please read our emails as soon as you see them. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to protect our communications from spam filters.
- Our CSA program – This year we are offering three CSA options. As a CSA member, you will receive a 15% discount off retail prices of products as a thank you for supporting our farm. Payment is due in full at time of purchase.
- CSA A – ‘Season’: May-November (4 weeks) $79
Our ‘Season’ CSA (A) is a fresh floral display for each of the four seasons in Indiana, and will include a spring tulip bunch, summer sunflower bouquet, fall mixed bouquet and a winter evergreen wreath.
- CSA B – ‘Bouquet’: May-September (6 weeks) $99
The ‘Bouquet’ CSA (B) includes six bouquets throughout the season.
- CSA C – ‘Member’: June-November (9 weeks). $169
Our ‘Member’ Subscription CSA (C) is a constant display of Indiana beauty with eight mixed bouquets, a designer vase and an evergreen wreath for the holidays.
- CSA A – ‘Season’: May-November (4 weeks) $79
Pick up is free at our farm, located east of downtown Kokomo on Carter Road/County Road 50 North just before the US-31 overpass, on Fridays from 5-7 p.m. on CSA weeks. The farm address is 2006 East 50 North, Kokomo.
Delivery is available for an additional fee.
$25 on CSA A; $45 on CSA B; $60 on CSA C
To the Kokomo to West Lafayette area. Deliveries are made on Saturday afternoons of the CSA week and includes front door dropoff and email/text notice. Bouquets will be dropped off in a cup of water and left in the shade if shade is available. CSA recipients are responsible for the care and quality of florals once dropped off.
We reserve the right to deny deliver if outside the area or for safety and/or labor restrictions of our staff. We prefer pick up for CSAs but do delivery as a service.
The order form is to be filled out to process the delivery service operated by Pine & Posey!
- Pick up Etiquette and Information – In order to cultivate and maintain an equal and pleasant experience we ask everyone to please observe the following rules:
Please arrange or coordinate your schedule to get your CSA items in a timely manner, during pickup hours (if picking up at the farm, during Farmstand Fridays: 5-7 p.m.) or shortly after we’ve dropped them at your doorstep (if delivery, Saturdays between 2-5 p.m.). Failure to do so may result in faded, droopy blooms.
Please understand that if your item is not claimed by the end of the time window for your pick-up, your bouquet/wreath will be donated to someone else.
Farm Practices & Products
- Explanation of growing practices – Pine & Posey is a small specialty cut flower and Christmas tree farm, producing high-quality locally grown fresh flowers, greenery and Christmas trees for seasonal décor. Our goal is to supply more people with Indiana-grown products and create inspiration for seasonal floral and Christmas décor. We use sustainable practices with our soils and to control weed, pest and other growing pressures. Our florals and trees are not heavily sprayed with insecticides and may contain a few bugs. We chose specialty flowers that thrive in our soils and weather patterns here in the Midwest and try to offer the best reflection of Indiana beauty in your vase or home to cultivate joy for our CSA members.
POSSIBLE FLORAL INVENTORY (DEPENDS ON SEASON & WEATHER): Tulips, Ranunculus, Peonies, Lilies, Sunflowers, Lisianthus, Zinnias, Roses, Lilacs, Snapdragons, Stock, Foxglove, Ornamental Kale, Ornamental & Dried Grasses, Gomphrena, Phlox, Bee Balm, Poppies, Cosmos, Celosia, Basil, Mint, Dusty Miller, Statice, Godetia, Bupleurum, Ammi, Bells of Ireland, Love-in-a-mist, Carnations, Strawflowers, Asters, Rudbeckia, Dahlias, Ninebark & more.
- Rules and procedures – Pick up is at the farm, during our Farmstand Friday sales, so we may be busy with other customers, but your items will be separated and labeled so you can pick-up-and-go if need be. CSA items cannot be exchanged for other items in our farmstand or other members items – what is labeled for you is yours.
CSA products that are not picked up at the farm on the CSA pick up date and time and we have not heard from you with advanced notice, the items will be considered abandoned and will be donated. No refund will be issued.
- Cancellations– Once you pay the invoice you will be subject to keep your subscription for the duration of the season or you must find someone to transfer your share to/purchase the share from you directly. There are no refunds, either full or partial, for cancellation of your CSA once purchased. Members may choose to find an alternate person to buy out the rest of the season’s share, and the share ownership will be transferred to the alternate person. The alternate person must pay the original shareholder directly and the original shareholder is responsible for giving us an updated address and contact information for that new share owner.
If we would for any reason discontinue or temporarily suspend a subscription, a prorated refund will be issued for items we are not suppling. This is rare but some things are out of our control – weather, health, etc. – and reserve the right to discontinue or temporarily suspend service.
- Vacations– With advanced notice, a minimum of 36 hours before pickup, we can accommodate vacations and transfer to an adjacent week. You can also gift that week to a friend to pick up, just let us know if there is a switch on the pick up person so we can get their name on the email list. Without notice, we cannot and will not allow someone else to pick up your subscription – so please let us know if you plan to have more than yourself as a possible pick up person.
- Payment expectations – Payment is due in full upon registration. It can be paid on our website or invoice via credit card. It can be paid in cash at the farm – please contact us to set up a time to meet.
- Explanation of CSA risks & rewards – Joining our CSA program means we are connecting you to our farm by allowing you to pre-purchase a portion of our harvest. You support our farm and we give you a discount on our products and the cream of the crop. Everything we do at the farm is dependent on weather and the season, if crop failures and setbacks come this season, we will communicate those and do our best to satisfy your CSA share – we may have smaller bouquets one week and make up for it another week with a larger bouquet. One benefit of your CSA, if we have a bumper crop or an abundance of florals, we may offer you additional bouquets, bunches, or stems!
- Please read and check the box below to indicate you’ve read and agree to our terms and conditions. Then sign this agreement so that we know you’ve received it and understand the contents.
- I understand that once I sign up and pay for my subscription, I have secured my place in the CSA for the respective season.
- I understand that the start of each CSA subscription is flexible and based on seasonal conditions and product availability. I am aware that Pine & Posey will communicate via email or phone to inform all shareholders of updates and start dates, and that it is my responsibility to contact the company via email if I am not receiving notifications near the specified CSA start dates shared in the product details.
- I understand that once I have purchased a CSA, I am not able to change the pickup location/delivery option without associated fees or extend my subscription due to a missed pick up for any reason. I may coordinate transfer of my share to another individual. I understand that Pine & Posey does not facilitate such transfers, and that I will make all arrangements for the new shareholder to pay me directly for the remainder of the share.